Friday 31st May – Sunday 2nd June 2019
New Zealand’s 40th National Science Fiction and Fantasy Convention,
in Rotorua — on Queen’s Birthday weekend
I’ll be there…
Among the authors I expect to meet are some I’ve known “for a good while”:
Deryn Pittar, Lee Murray, Dan Rabarts, and Piper Meier to name a few.
And there are so many workshops I’ve got my eyes on…
- I’ll audition for the Radio Play (if accepted, rehearsals and … performance!)
- A Kaffeeklatsch or two
- Making Monsters (Lee)
- O.M.G! YA (Jamie Sands)
- Geothermal Apocalypse (James Revell interviews Peter Brownbridge)
- Limericks (we’re expected to recite them in appropriate costume!)
- Crime and Speculative Science Fiction (with Dan)
- Middle-Grade Adventures (A.J. Ponder)
- Covers That Kill (Leigh K Hunt)
- Short Fiction (host Dan)
- The Sir Julius Vogel Awards at the Closing Ceremony
Then of course, there are the schmoozing opportunities, the kaffeeklatches, the coffee with friends, and book signings – after buying (so tight budget from now till then).
I suggest you book your accommodation and travel arrangements a.s.a.p.