Now I will admit, I’ve not yet read George R R Martin’s book/s Song of Ice and Fire.
And I haven’t followed all the character arcs as portrayed in the tele series. But throughout each season, I’ve watched avidly every episode. Last Tuesday, I was glued to the couch in front of the screen and gob-smacked at some characters’ final appearances.
Now spoilers here, but here’s where we are we at this stage
- Daenerys has shown signs of angst about Jon Snow’s right to the Iron Throne
- Jon has said he doesn’t want to rule, although he knows he is the rightful heir
- Bran may still have a purpose to be revealed
- Cersei (and her brother Jamie) are dead
- Arya has learned the futility/perils of her kill list
- Daenerys has destroyed the very city, King’s Landing, which she claimed the right to rule
- The city, promised to the Unsullied and the Dothraki, is now nothing
- The armies brought to the city of the Iron Throne have served their purpose
- The city’s original population are now very few.
- The Unsullied will never bear children to repopulate the city
My predictions? (If any of these does happen, it may also be that another one will as well.)
- The dragon queen will threaten to roast the armies she has brought, or
- A Dothraki or an Unsullied will kill the last dragon, or
- The Unsullied will prefer to kill each other off, because their pride will not allow suicide, or
- King’s Landing will be left to collapse – no one will want to rule, or to live there, and the buildings will be left to fall apart over the coming years, which means
- Another city and region will rule the six kingdoms, which leaves things open for
- Jon ruling the Seven Kingdoms from somewhere else, if
- Someone / something kills Daenerys
Your own theories and guesses are welcome!